I love to go to movies! I'll go by myself, and I'll get popcorn, candy, the whole thing! (Unless I sneak candy in. Shhhh!) However, I've been going less and less often lately for one reason: The price! Sorry, movie theatres, but it's just over my tipping point for the tickets, when I know the movies are going to be out on video soon anyway, and I can watch them on my tv!
So what did my awesome family get me for my birthday this week? A movie theater gift card! For a hundred buck! No excuse now! The money's already been spent! I may even splurge and buy one of those $4.00 drinks! Okay, "Man Of Steel," here I come!
Well, we've had a couple weeks of mourning for our little dog who died, and our daughter tells us she's "ready."
We think this friendly little girl who was just rescued from a pound needs a nice home! Still time to back out...but how can we say no to this face?
For the first time ever, our family is going camping. This could be either a very good or very bad idea. We just bought a tent, shown here in the back yard. Jackson and I have been camping many times with Boy Scouts, but we've never had all four of us in a tent. We're starting easy, just an overnight at a campground with things like "water" and "toilets."
1. I don't sleep well in a tent. I never get comfortable. Toss and turn all night, listening for the tree which will tip over and crush us all.
2. You ever have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night in a tent? You can either attempt to hold it all night or put on shoes and get out there!
3. I'm sure there's going to be somebody with a loud stereo 20 feet from us.
4. And they're probably drunk and heavily armed.
5. Bugs love me. They think I'm delicious.
6. Our kids can argue non-stop from separate bedrooms! I hope being in tent together will be a bonding experience! Yeah, right!